Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Cough, cough, plus Pam's great idea

Not much to report this week. Our long run (scheduled for last Saturday) was canceled because of the air quality. For those of you reading this blog who don't live in Santa Barbs, this was due to the heavy smoke that blew in from the Zaca fire. We got some smoke last summer from the fire out near Ohai (and also got some quality Breau time as a result), but it wasn't as intense as this. A big brown cloud blew over the mountains, and it started raining giant pieces of ash. Our coaches thought that inhaling all that couldn't be good for us, so we got to do some indoor cross training instead of the run.

In other news, summer is half over, which means the interns went home, and now we move into some intense general exam studying. Sarah is also preparing for a talk she's giving at an APA preconference next week, while Pam gets ready for a Maine vacation.

Tonight is a track workout, and, we believe, the first week of hill training. We're not sure exactly what that entails- maybe stadiums? That could be sucky.

Also, I (Pam) am thinking of buying a new car. I know you all love Chadwick, and he did drive Pamy Benyer all the way across the country with no problems, but he's got 183K miles, and that is old. Also, for some reason, other people do not seem to think that driving a 1995 Saturn is quite as cool as I do.

My problem is that I can't decide what kind of car I want. I think that lots and lots of cars are really, really ugly. And it's impossible to find a good website to decide which cars are cool. This is why I plan to start my own website: "Cars that girls might want to buy." It will have lots of pictures, and will include information about what colors they come in, which celebrities drive them, and will rate cars on important dimensions, such as mom-ishness. I will likely become famous, because this is one of the best ideas I have ever had. Understatement, or extreme understatement?

No comments: