Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Tired

So, it's Pam, doing a solo update. Sarah is still on her NH/Catalina trip, so I've been doing the team workouts without her.
Sarah- you should be happy that you missed last night's track practice. It was pretty brutal. I'm sure hanging out in the Manchester airport wasn't the greatest either, but your legs probably aren't in as much pain this morning as mine are. They had us do the normal warm up (1.5 miles with sprints on the last four straightaways) and then played this mean game where they blew a whistle to determine how fast we had to run. If they blew it once, we went at an easy pace, 2 whistles was marathon pace, 3 was faster, and 4 was pretty much sprinting. We only did it for about 20 minutes, but there were some pretty long 4-whistle intervals in there.
Apparently the lesson was to not tire ourselves out at the beginning, because it's hard to recover after going too fast. I think I have learned that lesson well.
Maybe once Sarah gets home I'll get my own whistle and make her do some drills, so she can properly learn the lesson as well. :)

1 comment:

Emily Peterman said...

Holy moly! I'm impressed. Can't wait to see more fabulous pictures of you two running. I'll cheer you on in SF at water station 2.